Matcha Tiramisù: easy recipe with homemade Matcha cake
The matcha tiramisu is a great example of how Asian ingredient can be adapted perfectly in western dessert making. The matcha powder balances out the sweetness, making this dessert even more refreshing.
In this recipe we want to have more fun with the Asian twist by substituting the traditional ladyfinger biscuits with matcha flavored steamed cake. The Chinese styled steamed cake is not only super easy to make, but also a great snack by itself. Of course, keep using the ladyfinger biscuits if preferred.
Check out the video recipe: how to prepare matcha flavored steam cake on Cina in Tavola channel.
- Matcha flavored steamed cake: as much as it is needed
- Matcha powder: 1 teaspoon + topping
- Mascarpone: 250g
- Powdered sugar: 45g
- Fresh cream: 200ml
- Hot water: 100ml
- Prepare enough amount of matcha flavored steamed cake. Cut them into small pieces based on the shape and size of your container.
- Mix thoroughly the mascarpone cheese with the powdered sugar.
- Put the fresh cream in a bowl (make sure the cream has been kept in the fridge before using). Use an electric mixer to beat the cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- Mix the sweetened mascarpone cheese (prepared in step 2) with the whipped cream (prepared in step 3) together.
- Melt 1 teaspoon matcha powder in 100ml hot water (add some sugar if preferred). Whisk carefully to make sure there is no clumps remains.
Assembling the Matcha Tiramisù
- Lay a piece of matcha cake at the bottom of container. Brush some tea matcha on top.
- Add a layer of the mascarpone and whipped cream mixture on top.
- Repeat the above 2 steps. Keep the Tiramisù in the fridge until you want to serve it.
- Top a layer of sifted matcha powder before enjoying it.
Discover high quality matcha powder together with wide selection of other Asian ingredients in our shop! Remember to tag us on Facebook and Instagram if you prepare any dish using our products!