A typical Chinese street food snack, the tea egg is a boiled egg cracked slightly and then boiled again in tea, five spices and dark soy sauce, creating marble-like patterns through the shells.
There are 4 ready-made spice packs in one package, with it you can now take plain eggs from your kitchen and turn them into delicious, hard-boiled or soft-boiled marbled tea eggs which are bursting with flavour.
- 10-12 medium-size eggs
- 2 spice packs (This product contains 4 packs)
- 4 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tea bags (You can choose oolong, English Breakfast or any black tea of your liking, the key is to have a strong and bitter flavour)
How to make traditional hard-boil tea eggs:
- Eggs in cold water, bring to boil and cook for about 6 minutes. Rinse and gently crack the eggs.
- Bring a new pot of water to boil (the amount of water should be enough to cover totally all the eggs), toss in all the above ingredients, turn to the lowest heat and cook for at least 1 hour.
- You can serve the eggs now, or leave them in the brine for 4 more hours for better results or flavour.
Here is a recipe for soft-boil tea eggs instead:
- Eggs in cold water, bring to boil and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Rinse in a cold bath to stop the cooking, and crack.
- Bring a new pot of water to boil, add the spice packs, soy sauce and sugar, and cook the brine for 10-15 minutes to release the flavours.
- Cool the brine in the fridge or in an ice bath to about room temperature, add in all the cracked eggs and marinate overnight. The eggs can be kept in the mixture for 4-5 days, the longer they stay the better they taste.
Order preparation: 1-2 working days
Shipping in Italy: 1-2 working days (Islands: 2-3 working days)
We ship in most European countries, more info on shipping here
We don’t accept cancellation of orders
However, contact us if there is information to be modified in your order
We accept returns
Contact us within: 7 days from delivery date
Ship back the items within: 14 days from delivery date
Conditions of returns
Buyers are responsible for the shipping costs of the return. If the items are not returned in its original condition, refund would not be approved
Shopping with us is worry free! Missing items, damaged or expired products will be refunded 100%
Most Chinese products show PRODUCTION DATE + DURATION on the original packaging. You can find the expiry date on the attached label. Contact us if you have doubt