A typical Chinese street food snack, the tea egg is a boiled egg cracked slightly and then boiled again in tea, five spices and dark soy sauce, creating marble-like patterns through the shells.
There are 4 ready-made spice packs in one package, with it you can now take plain eggs from your kitchen and turn them into delicious, hard-boiled or soft-boiled marbled tea eggs which are bursting with flavour.
- 10-12 medium-size eggs
- 2 spice packs (This product contains 4 packs)
- 4 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tea bags (You can choose oolong, English Breakfast or any black tea of your liking, the key is to have a strong and bitter flavour)
How to make traditional hard-boil tea eggs:
- Eggs in cold water, bring to boil and cook for about 6 minutes. Rinse and gently crack the eggs.
- Bring a new pot of water to boil (the amount of water should be enough to cover totally all the eggs), toss in all the above ingredients, turn to the lowest heat and cook for at least 1 hour.
- You can serve the eggs now, or leave them in the brine for 4 more hours for better results or flavour.
Here is a recipe for soft-boil tea eggs instead:
- Eggs in cold water, bring to boil and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Rinse in a cold bath to stop the cooking, and crack.
- Bring a new pot of water to boil, add the spice packs, soy sauce and sugar, and cook the brine for 10-15 minutes to release the flavours.
- Cool the brine in the fridge or in an ice bath to about room temperature, add in all the cracked eggs and marinate overnight. The eggs can be kept in the mixture for 4-5 days, the longer they stay the better they taste.
Shipping costInpost Locker or Inpost Point
BRT home delivery
Order preparation: 1 working days ( 2 days if we receive high numbers of orders)
Shipping in Italy: 1-2 working days (Islands: 2-5 working days)
View this page for detailed shipping costs and delivery time
Country of origin: China
Exclusive items you won't find elsewhere
Thoughtfully curated from premium Asian brands
Highest quality at the best value